Skip to main content

How to Put PageList Widget on Top in Blogger

Bloggers using Google Blogger Service are used to design menu by using PageList Widget. In Page menu  on Blogger, you can make your own page or links to URL where your want to put. For example  a web address 'http://yourblogname.blogspot.com/search/label/yourlabelname as a page can be a menu item of your blog. (I also made menubar in this blog by linke some address using labels). You can put your the pagelist widget on top tabs or sidebar. The position can be decided in the Page menu page.


A problem is I cannot put my pagelist on the top. I select 'Top Tabs' but it turns to 'Side Links' back. I tried to move the widget in Layout Menu, but I can't since it's not allowed. This kind of problem is usually happened when the user downloads blogger template from the web by searching 'famous blogger template' or similar words. The download blogger templates look fancy and seem to have nice functionalists, but unfortunately, they are based on old blogger templates or do not follow blogger default rules. So you cannot use default layout and template services on blogger.

However, I did not use. I just made CSS modification on template editor. (of course, sometime I do not trust my memory). I searched and read blogger guideline, but I wasn't resolved.

So, I compare my HTML codes with another blog after creating empty blog and making pagelist on it. Solution is simple.

1. Open template editor and check 'Expand Widget Template' on top.

2. Find string 'tabs-fauxborder-right' by using 'Ctrl-F' on your browser. It should find one words.

3. Insert following codes into very next line.

<div class='region-inner tabs-inner'>

<b:section class='tabs' id='crosscol' maxwidgets='1' showaddelement='yes'/>

<b:section class='tabs' id='crosscol-overflow' showaddelement='no'/>

</div>


4. Done. You can move it to top tabs in Layout or Page Menu.

If you are suffering this problem, hope it helps you.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Google's Favorite Colors By Hex Codes (With New Google Logo)

Google keeps its color scheme cross their products. Of course, each uses different colors but it keeps the main philosophy. I heard that the test period for new Google logo was more than one year. It may the reason that the colors are comfortable to look. Sometimes, I copy the colors for designing my blogs and web sites. Copyright? oh..

Color Conversion: RGB to HEX , HEX to RGB

Color conversion between RGB and Hex is needed sometimes even though HTML and CSS accepts both RGB and HEX codes for set color scheme of HTML elements. The conversion algorithm is simple. Then numbers in RGB format is decimal number and one in HEX code is hexadecimal number. For example, rgb(50, 100, 250) is same in HEX #3264FA: 50-32 | 100-64 | 250-FA.

Why Blogger Mobile Template Not Work?

Google Blogger shows blog pages with mobile CSS on mobile devices unless you change it disabled. You can see next figure by clicking mobile setting button on Template page. Since I want to change CSS and I remember there are some CSS elements starting with '.mobile', I open the template editor and edit as I want. And open my blog in my smart phone. Nothing changed.